Tuesday, December 30, 2014

speed lump

it's been a-while since i've blogged.  it always seems like i blog here in the same attitude as when i clean the living room...  "oh shit, the relatives are coming!"

"oh shit, is that a breast lump?"

yeah, another one.  underneath my right breast, at the crease.  part of me thinks it's stress (it appeared the day after a horrific country Christmas journey, with allergens and pressure a-plenty).  i don't want to take it seriously.  i left a message with the oncologist, .  that's all i can do.

my holidays were up and down.  the first Christmas was a chinese restaurant event, with immediate family and son's girlfriend.  it was good food, and "head's up", and giggles, and english crackers.

the second Christmas was in chouteau.  i cried nearly all the way there.  i cried when a feral cat scratched me for no reason (the poetic side of me said "i didn't even do anything!  i'm a victim!  even the cat doesn't like me! why do i live?)

at least i got to take pictures at the man-made lake in the back.  i miss the water.  i miss the calm that comes with it. i miss having that defiant control over my life that i loved.

i miss me.

will let you know about any updates.  oncologist visit on the 15.  pet scan can't be scheduled until after the 26.  that's all i know now.

No comments:

Post a Comment