Tuesday, December 29, 2015

doctor, my eyes

so, my ophthalmologist called.  very informally.  left a quick message.

i smiled faintly, and called him back.  him, i can deal with.  he's young, appreciative of humour, and someone who wants me to ask questions.  good man.

so, i have irregular corneas.  (dude, i'm irregular all over.)

he wants one of his partners to look at me, to make sure about the irregularity.

it could be that i have dry eyes, which would make the cornea appear irregular.

it could be that my cornea is changing, which would mean i need to be monitored each year for continual change, since the new toric lenses are helping me have great vision.

or it could mean that my cornea is changing significantly..... and that i will need surgery, and a cornea transplant in the future.

dr city (named by google voice) is hopeful.  i'm not going blind.  i'm not having wild difficulty.  i'm just needing to be looked over, and kept track of.....

....like i am with everything else.

thing is, my eye doctor doesn't think the chemo did anything to my eyes.  this is just a natural progression i get for being old.

so.... it's good that i went back to good old dr. city,  instead of staying with the optometrist chain that gives me a new doctor at each visit, and perplexed looks every time i come in.

a blessing in disguise, in a way.

oh well.....

No comments:

Post a Comment