Tuesday, October 25, 2016

biopsy

got there at 11.

was led to a surgical patient waiting room (my own room, shared bathroom) changed into a gown. (kept my pants on, wore the cool hospital socks)

sat for a while

they took my vitals, my blood (first from my hand, no dice....then my arm) and my wallet, and left an iv port in my left arm.

waited for a-while. (long enough to watch two half hour episodes of "pioneer woman."  i vicariously ate with them, even though i wasn't all that hungry.

got told by a nurse what would happen.  (no "explain what will happen to me" so they could make sure i understood like the other hospital did)

waited....then was rolled out.

i was positioned for a ct scan.  (luckily it was a doughnut one, and not a tunnel one)  they put medicine in my iv.  i got an oxygen tube put up my nose.  i was told to put my arms over my head, and the gown was taken off my right shoulder......

i don't remember the procedure.  i don't remember being rolled back into the room.

i do remember getting told by the nurse that they needed to call my ride ....

....two and a half hours early.

yeah

waited, and then all of a sudden my ride was there.

asked to speak to a doctor.

apparently the new bumps on the front are not to be worried about. just maybe..... skin trouble?

um, no....

went to urgecare.  told them how the first lump happened after arm exercises, and how the swelling went down with ice packs.  then told them how the second lump appeared this morning.

got an xray.  nothing.

they want to schedule an ultrasound, so they can see if it's an abscess.

i'm going to call the oncologist to-morrow, and at least let them know what's going on.  then, i'm going to have him look at it when he tells me i have cancer again....

if

if

if.......

at this point, i'm so tired of everything.  me.  cancer. my oncologist. life. food.  weather.

nothing seems to bring joy but sleep, and sleep won't come.

48 hours for results.

sigh....



No comments:

Post a Comment