Thursday, July 17, 2014

glow little glow worm

i have to do the radiation.

you see, i have a tumour in me, and it's still there.

once, it was 10.5 cm monstrosity, with a glow level of 31.  it blazed like the sun, and i couldn't put my arm down fully to save my life.  (and this is all about saving my life)

now, it's a 2.7 cm shriveling mass, that's a trembling glow level of 3.  it's withered, and wavered, but it's still there, and the radiologist wants a crack at it.

oncologist says that 15 treatments in three weeks time should do it.  will do it.  must do it.  guaranteed will do it.

i just wish it all were over.

so, i'm going to take some time for me.... go punch a few puppies, and forget myself for a-while.  then, i'm going to go back and start this radiation thing..... and work, too.  (sure, why not?  in for a penny, in for a pound.)

i'm going to allow myself time to research the radiation route 'til the end of this week..... then i'm going to stop thinking about anything for two weeks.

this pause should allow me to catch my breath, and get used to the new me.  the scarved, eyebrow drawn in, glasses me who's ready for a fight.

belt and suspenders.  let's do this.

sigh


2 comments: