Tuesday, September 23, 2014

whispers around the corner

right now, i have a sort of a crewcut, with gray and dark colours in my hair.  it's starting to look like i cut my hair like this on purpose.

and yet... i hear whispers around the corner about me.

"man, she really chopped all her hair off, didn't she?"  (amazement)

"what did she do to her hair?"  (disdain)

"wasn't that the pretty one with the nice hair?"

they look at my nametag, with an old picture of me, and ask "is that your daughter?"

people with mental health issues, who need explanations said to them slow, and loud, are taken to back rooms, and study areas..... they get talked to over and over until they understand.

some people are anxious around me.  all people want to accept me.  but most want explanations.

sometimes, i can't find words to explain.

all i can do is shrug my shoulders, and talk about how nice their shirt looks.

the wise ones understand.

but there are always questions.

No comments:

Post a Comment